为推动地理学服务区域和全球可持续发展、培养全球青年地理人才，经国际地理联合会（International Geographical Union, IGU）批准, IGU Commission on Geography for Future Earth（IGU-GFE）和IGU Young and Early Career Geographers Task Force (IGU-YECG)联合发起成立了Young and Early Career Geographers Working Group on Geography and Sustainability（地理学与可持续性青年工作组，简称YECG-GeoSus）。现发布成员招募令，欢迎全球青年地理工作者加盟！
Who are we?
An interdisciplinary working group of young and early career scientists interested in geography and sustainability, constituted within IGU in 2021 through the collaboration of:
IGU – YECG – International Geographical Union Young and Early Career Geographers Task Force
Chair: Dr Komali Yenneti, School of Architecture and Built Environment, Faculty of Science and Engineering, University of Wolverhampton, UK
IGU – GFE – International Geographical Union – Geography for Future Earth: Coupled Human-Earth Systems for Sustainability
Chair: Professor Wenwu Zhao, Institute of Land Surface System and Sustainable Development, Faculty of Geographical Science, Beijing Normal University
The mission of YECG-GeoSus is to promote research and education in sustainable development for young and early career geographers involved in all branches of Geography.
● Developing education, knowledge and awareness on sustainable development and geographical processes
● Hosting and organizing paper writing workshops, seminars, conferences, and competitions on subjects at the intersection between geography and sustainability
● Providing opportunities for cooperation, knowledge dissemination and communications in the field of geography Training and capacity building in geo-data and sustainability decision making tools and models (GIS, GEE, etc.)
● Career development and mentoring
Areas of geographic research included but not limited to are:
✓ Geographical Processes
✓ Human-Environmental Systems
✓ Ecosystem Services and Human Wellbeing
✓ Sustainable Development
✓ Geo-data and Sustainability Models
● Chair – Gabriela Adina Moroșanu, Institute of Geography of the Romanian Academy and Faculty of Geography of the University of Bucharest)
● Co-Chair – Xutong Wu (Faculty of Geographical Science, Beijing Normal University)
● Secretary – Yiran Du (Editorial office of Geography and Sustainability)
● Members (Young and early career geographers (Ph.D. students and post-Ph.D. within six after years obtaining the title of PhD) with diverse educational backgrounds, research areas, gender orientations, and geographical origins)
● Governing Council – the main decision-making body of the YECG-GeoSus, consisting of members from GFE and YECG).
● Advisory committee constituted by senior geographers and academic mentors who can help young and early career geographers.
YECG-GeoSus and its members will be co-announced by IGU -YECG and IGU-GFE officially during the 34th International Geographical Congress “Geography: bridging the continents”, Istanbul, 16-20 August, 2021:
Selection criteria for the members:
● young and early career geographers.
● track record within areas of expertise, including progress in program implementation, research, and publications;
● expertise and experience in cross-cutting issues;
● diversity of educational background, research area, gender, and geographical origin.
Documents to be sent:
● Updated CV of the candidate
● A personal statement or a letter of motivation showing the area of expertise, the geographical issue(s) of interest and the work objectives which the candidate aims to integrate within the group, in the general scope of sustainability and career development.
● Additionally, a list of publications and / or projects and actions in the geographical field in which the candidate took part.
● The call for members will be open until 10 July 2021
● Application documents shall be sent to YECG – GeoSus Working Group e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org